Thursday, June 28, 2012

Bright Blue Dress: PASS

A Frankendress from Sew U Home Stretch: The Built by Wendy Guide to Sewing Knit Fabrics. I combined the Tank Girl crew neck variation with the skirt from the Tiny Bubble dress variation.


The fabric is from an AMAZING estate sale I happened upon this spring. (Seriously, the sewing supplies and fabric could have filled a U-Haul. And we got a Hammond organ for FREE!) It's a 70s polyester double knit that was a breeze to sew. My husband says the end result reminds him of a cheerleading outfit. I was thinking more tennis dress. Either way, I feel like I could take on the world in this one.

I see that Pattern Review is having a pattern stash contest in July. Maybe it's time to bring out those patterns that have been stacking up in my "make this next" pile for the last twelve months. I am, after all, highly motivated by prizes.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks! I can't wait for it to warm up again so I can wear it. You'd think it would go great under a cardigan, but not so much.

    ReplyDelete