Sunday, August 26, 2012

Not-Ugly Car Trash Bag: PASS


I've forgone sewing this week for vacation/Black Market Books promotional tour preparations. I'm counting on this car trash bag from One-Yard Wonders  to help me keep my sanity as we peel wrappers, wad kleenex, and generally make a mess of things over 1,300 miles in a brand-new car. I know. It's unfair to put that big a burden on such a little sewing project.

This little bag was such fun to make and helped me chip away at my stash. I used fabric left over from another One-Yard Wonders project, the Leisure Suit Lapdog. The buckle is from my son's old bike helmet. (Compulsive fastener saving = completely justified!)

My son decided one pocket is for trash and the other's for recycling. This system kept things relatively clean in our car from 1997. My standards are a bit  much higher in the 2012 model. We'll see how this puppy holds up.




2 comments:

  1. Hrm. !300 miles is not enough for you to visit me. Boo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not even close. :( We'll have to start saving for plane fare...

    ReplyDelete