Sunday, September 9, 2012

Parking Tee Redux: PASS



September in Ann Arbor means the return of Michigan football and my favorite aspect of this rich tradition: selling parking to out-of-town fans. I picked up this t-shirt last year during student move-out. The previous owner had cut off the neckband for a saucy Flashdance look. After a few football Saturdays, it was stretched out beyond the limits of decency.

Enter my two favorite elastics: clear elastic and elastic thread. I gathered the neckline with clear elastic and added side shirring with elastic thread in the bobbin. After an hour of pre-game sewing, I was good to go. I'm not much of a football fan, but I do love chanting, shaking pom-poms, and extra cash. This shirt should last all season. Go Blue!


No comments:

Post a Comment