Sunday, February 10, 2013

Flower Print Tunic: PASS


My favorite boss of all time's mantra was, "Done is good." I love this phrase. I can spend waaaay to much time on projects to get them just right. Sometimes the extra effort doesn't lead to a noticeably better result.

Here's "done is good" in action. Yeah, it's not my best piece of work. But sometimes it's good to bang out a project from fabric you've been hoarding for years so you can look at it on you instead of on your shelf. I whipped this up in 2010 from a pattern in DowntownDIY Sewing. Despite the fitting flaws (like the fabric pulling to my left hip and the tight fit around the bust), it's been a perennial favorite. I wear this over jeans in the summer and under jackets, sweaters, and sweatshirts the rest of the year.

I love the groovy tulip print, which if Michael Miller and Amy Sedaris have any say-so, will be making a comeback this spring. So I guess that's one sewing project already checked off my list for the new season. Done is good, indeed.



No comments:

Post a Comment