Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Bias Cut Top: PASS


Recently, we spent the weekend helping my in-laws upgrade their Internet service. Let no more be said of those dark times. Instead, let's focus on the happy outcome: a fluid top made from McCall's 6563 that I knew would fit because I could try on my mother-in-law's version. (Did you expect me to say that my in-laws can see pictures of their grandson online now? Yeah, that, too.)

I used a lightweight polyester print from the most amazing estate sale ever. I love the print, even more on the bias. The pattern for this top was straightforward and easy to make. If you're new to sewing, or are nervous about trying a bias cut garment, this is for you. Be warned: this top needs a camisole unless you plan not to bend over. Maybe a bias cut camisole? Hmmm....I think The Undies Book might have one of those. Until then, I'll wear this under a sweatshirt.


No comments:

Post a Comment