Thursday, May 2, 2013

Announcements: Me Made May '13

me-made-may'13

Hooray for May! May is one of my favorite months. It means we've spent another fun year in our house, students are moving out leaving all sorts of treasures behind, Ann Arbor is holding its annual Commuter Challenge, and (more relevant here) Zoe is hosting Me Made May!

Every May I secretly strive to wear more of my handmade clothing while admiring the efforts of the folks who post their daily handmade wardrobe pics online. This year I'm taking it out of my closet and into the real (virtual) sewing world with an official statement of participation. (Of course, it may not count because I missed the signup deadline. Yes, I left it until the end of April to sign up. Yes, I got sick and didn't use a computer until May 2. Oh, well.)
I, Vanessa of pass/fail sewing, sign up as a participant of Me-Made-May '13. I endeavor to wear at least one item I've made or altered each day for the duration of May 2013. I will also challenge myself with projects that build my skills, attack my stash, and generally scare the crap out of me for attempting them.
Let the fun begin!



No comments:

Post a Comment