Sunday, May 12, 2013

Ram Button-Down: PASS


We're getting closer to the long sleeved shirt my son requested in pink and purple stripes, just in time for the return of winter (seriously, snow on Mother's Day!?). For test shirt number two of Burda magazine 9/2008 number 142, I used a printed cotton/poly from my stash. I think it's the same vintage of Paul and Linda McCartney's Ram. It has that "heart of the country" vibe, anyway.

This is three sizes larger than the stars and stripes (fail) version and my son says the fit is just right. I decided to spend quality time with my old-school edition of Reader's Digest Complete Guide to Sewing to figure out the sleeve vent binding. Burda's text-only instructions are a bit cryptic. I faked it last time. This version's bindings are constructed correctly, if not precisely.


The contrast binding on the front is another story. No amount of reading and YouTube videos has made proper application understandable to me. I think I've got a good approximation here, but something is off. As you may know, I'm geometry impaired.

Instead of a wrap-up paragraph, I'm going to leave you with more cute pictures of my goofy son. Yes, it's a cop-out. But so is putting two versions of the same song on your album, and it didn't hurt McCartney. (Oh, snap!)



No comments:

Post a Comment