Saturday, July 27, 2013

Halter Top: FAIL


I'm starting to run out of old projects to blog when I'm not sewing. Maybe next time I'm exhausted from a busy week at work, I should whip up a quick project instead of letting my brain slowly melt over a B-movie.

For example, I could make a billowy sack that I never wear, like this halter top (circa 2009) from Sew U Home Stretch. You might recognize the fabric from my PASS version of the 1 piece kimono tee. The original fashion fabric ties were too stretchy to hold up the neckline. This white twill tape keeps my shirt up, but can't save unflattering fit. Wendy says, "This daring, shoulder-baring, silhouette can look totally different depending on  the fabric you use." Something tells me that no fabric can make this pattern work for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment