Sunday, November 16, 2014

Crazy Pockets Parsley Pants: PASS


I wish I were as easy to fit as my kid. It took just one pattern adjustment to improve the fit of this season's second pair of Parsley Pants. Eyeballing the first pair, I figured the next ones could be taken in an inch. I slashed the pattern at the tuxedo stripe line, overlapped the pieces by a half inch, taped them back together, and redrew the waistline.

And that's it!

There is the matter of the pockets. Aren't these enormous fish ridiculous and wonderful? I didn't think I could use this fabric scrap for anything. I don't even remember where I got it. But when I pulled it out of my blue/green scrap bin, it coordinated so well with the corduroy. My kid thought they were great. (Despite the look on his face in the pic below.)

Pants in action at the end of a school field trip. Note the jaunty walk and nascent preteen glare.

Hoarding. It's how the magic happens.


Do you hang on to your dubious scraps? Or do you keep your stash pared down to only what you know for sure you'll use?


No comments:

Post a Comment